If you go to visit Grand Canyon, you will have the opportunity to take part in countless memorable experiences. From action adventure to slow and relaxing, the Grand Canyon has a large selection of tours. Whether you’re taking the entire family, a group of friends, or just you and your loved one, the Grand Canyon can provide you with almost everything you could possibly think of. Here is a list of things you can do when you go to visit Grand Canyon:
- Helicopter rides: If you plan to visit Grand Canyon from Las Vegas, you can take a 3-4 hour helicopter ride straight to the majestic mountainous murals of the Grand Canyon. You can even ask your helicopter pilot to take you straight to the canyon floor! Helicopter rides from Las Vegas also provide breath taking aerial views of the city of Las Vegas along with the Hoover Dam.
- Tour on Wheels: Whether it’s in a first class, cozy and air conditioned bus or an all terrain off road Humvee, Grand Canyon tour companies will offer a comfortable 5-6 hour road trip (From Las Vegas) to the Grand Canyon. As you make your way to visit Grand Canyon, you will experience the dessert sceneries which include a 2 billion year old rock formation.
- Fun in the Water: As you visit Grand Canyon, you will also have the opportunity to take on the awesome white waters of the Colorado River as you white water raft through powerful currents. Some tours will also have you taking part in Jet skiing where you can cut through the calm and cool waters of Lake Mead.
- Trekking: When you visit Grand Canyon the hiking trails along the rims and even within the canyon itself offer gorgeous natural beauties and great photo opportunities of the Canyon’s dramatic colors. Horseback riding is also one of the many things you can do when you visit Grand Canyon. Imagine enjoying the natural washes and cacti forests along the rocky trail as your sure footed horse guides you through to the base of the Canyon.
- Grand Canyon Flights: If you’re not the outdoorsy type, a flight over the Grand Canyon might be just the thing. An airplane tour can provide you wit panoramic views of not only the Grand Canyon, but the monumental structures of Hoover Dam and the brilliant lights of the Las Vegas strip. Some tour groups even provide a plane, helicopter, and boat combination package so you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the views as you visit Grand Canyon from above.
- The Skywalk: Brand new to the Grand Canyon national park is the structurally extravagant Skywalk. As you tip toe along the transparent bridge of the death defying Sky walk bridge, you will be able to experience what it might be like to hover over the canyon 4,000 feet above the canyon floor.
There are many more experiences open to you when you visit Grand Canyon and enjoy the best Grand Canyon tours. Remember that regardless of who you are and what you like, the Grand Canyon is a place where everyone can enjoy the wonderful opportunities to experience the natural world.